Monday, August 2, 2010

I Have To Keep It

Ok...I know I have a lot to learn in taking pictures, but you probably get the point...this was a quilt I found at a recent estate sale that I just love!  I also love the fact that I got it for $15...a lot more than I ever spend on any one item, but it was all the cash I had left and they also let me have a huge bag of buttons with the quilt!  I asked an old man how much it was and he started at $25...come to find out as I was leaving that his wife had told another lady $35!  I came home, treated the whole quilt with a dose of oxy clean (although I've heard that a product called Orvus is much safer when treating old quilts) and voila...it was even more beautiful and bright!  I decided then and there...it was mine...not for resale!  :)  Whoever made it took bits and pieces of sheets, pillowcases, etc and made this wonderfully colorful quilt!  My 5 yr old has even been begging for it on her bed!  I love love love it!  Do you ever find stuff you can't possibly resell?  Tell me!  Have a happy Monday!

1 comment:

Elise said...

Absolutely beautiful!! What a treasure! I also have a quilt that I found at a thrift store I cannot bear to part with! For some reason, the love and care that goes into quilting seems to stay with the quilt and each person that has it gets to feel all that love!

A true one-of-a-kind!
Love,
Elise