Thursday, May 6, 2010

SALT GLITTER







We made salt glitter today!  So fun!!  Ok...here's the ingredients...are you ready???  It's really tricky (NOT...wait do people still say that??...hmmm...I'm totally dating myself right now)...anyways...here goes:

SALT (any kind..kosher or regular..plain..or iodized) :)
FOOD COLORING

That's it!!  Take 1/4 cup salt or adjust to however much you want and add a few drops of food coloring (at least 4 drops if it's 1/4 cup or more of salt).  Stir it up and put it on a plate to spread it out in a thinner layer and then pop it in the microwave for 1 minute.  Put a cup of water in the microwave with it to protect your microwave...not sure why, but my recipe said that so I'm repeating it here. :)  Then you can put it in empty spice containers or condiment shakers (which I found at the 99 cent store for 99 cents..duh!).  Then have your little ones go outside if you can't take a huge mess like me. :)  Give 'em some glue sticks and paper and have them sprinkle the salt glitter to their hearts content!  Make some pretty designs!

No comments: